Tuesday, May 24, 2011

sometimes loser = winner

I'm currently sitting at my kitchen table listening to Sweet Disposition and trying to decide what to post about. I have a couple of ideas, but there is really only one thing on my mind today ...

BIGGEST LOSER
Season Finale. live. tonight.

I would try to express my excitement, but there are no words. I have watched this season from episode 1 and loved every bit of it. I got my good friend David addicted around episode 6 and we've watched it together ever since. Because of our random schedules, we would watch it on hulu so it wasn't necessarily every week, but we would watch an episode when we could. I'm not going to lie, I'm kind of sad its about to end because I've loved this season (but don't worry, SYTYCD starts on Thursday!!)

Just so you know, David and I are both rooting for Olivia (but David said he'd be happy with Hannah too).

Call me super cheesy, and maybe even weird, but I love love love this show. A lot of it is because it's a reality TV show that actually does some good. But mostly because the whole weight loss thing means a lot to me. My mother lost over 150 pounds when I was in high school and I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of her (she didn't even need a show! Yeah Mom!!). Her weight loss journey has really had an impact on who I am--I mean I'm going into Dietetics because of it. I haven't had to lose that much weight, but I've seen what that weight can do to a person and their family. And I have seen what losing that weight can do for a person and their family.

My friends may tease when I tear up almost every episode, but the hardships that the contestants talk about and go through are pretty real for me. That's why I love watching this show--watching people get their lives back, just like my mom did. So Yay for Biggest Loser!!

So I'm probably going to make a big deal about tonight and force my roommates to either watch or leave. And there will most likely be food...probably unhealthy with a run to the gym later. I'll let you know my reaction to the results. Go Olivia!!


1 comment:

  1. LOVE YOU! I totally copied you and did a post on Biggest Loser, too :) I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete