Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Hello world, it's been a while!

It was almost one year ago that I started this blog. I don't really remember what happened since August that has kept me from posting. Oh wait I remember: life. Luckily for me I now have an incredible roommate that has got me following all these really cool blogs. And I have to tell you, it's kind of embarrassing to admit I follow these blogs and then have to admit that I don't even keep mine up. So today I'm changing that. I am becoming a blog follower, as well as a blogger. (Let's just hope I don't bring dishonor to the title.)

This last year has been pretty incredible. Not too much has happened, except if there is one thing that I would categorize as incredible, and that would be getting into the Dietetics major at BYU. I feel proud, excited, and terrified all at the same time. I am going to be a Dietitian (though you could technically spell it "dietician" we professionals like the 't' better) and that is really nice to be able to tell people.

So other than deciding on my future, not a ton has happened. I actually chose to give my blog a little makeover to reflect my life right now: simple. Not simple in the sense that I'm not incredibly busy with homework and my job, but simple in the fact that homework and my job is about all I really do. Here's the typical reunion conversation I have:

Friend: Jette! What have you been up to? What's new?
Me: Um.... nothing really. Just going to school, working a bunch, doing more school, working a little more, and then finishing it all off with school.
Friend: cool.
Me: yeah.


Sometimes I get frustrated that I don't have the time or means to do more, but then I remember that this is the time for me to be a student and succeed in that. I know eventually I will travel the world and spend all my time learning new things. Someday I will, but not today and for right now I think I'm okay with that. So bring on the school work for the next two years!!

The last year has been great--hopefully I'll remember the highlights and give updates as I go. For now, I'm going to bed.

4 comments:

  1. yay! i got a shout out!!! also, i like your blog (read that the way ke$ha says i like your beard at the end of your love is my drug)

    ReplyDelete
  2. two things: 1) you might possibly consider deleting my blog which does not in fact actually exist any more from the list of blogs you follow...
    2) you should add the "Anti-Austen" blog to that aforementioned list. I hear it's pretty good ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HURRAY! I love your blog...always have...even over the last year when you never wrote :) I don't think you give your life enough credit. You also get to be an awesome aunt to the cutest nephew! Lets not forget that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. you should add my blog to the many you are reading! Don't you want updates on the said cutest nephew?

    ReplyDelete